Paging the music-isti

Author: Bear
Date: Aug 13, 2008 23:12

I noticed a series on TVTorrents recently, also available on thebox,
called "Classic Albums" ... basically, a documentary on a single album's
production.

I downloaded them, and have watched 2, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and
"Hysteria", and they're both rather good, if you like that sort of
thing.
--
Bear
2002 Yamaha R1

Author: wessie
Date: Aug 13, 2008 23:32

Bear gmail.com> wrote in news:MPG.230d5eb23b46133798a0e1
@news.individual.de:
> I noticed a series on TVTorrents recently, also available on thebox,
> called "Classic Albums" ... basically, a documentary on a single album's
> production.

I'm glad you are enjoying TVT. You and Champ[1] are the only ones, of my
invitess that seem to be using it. The others seemd to have created
accounts then left them.
> I downloaded them, and have watched 2, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and
> "Hysteria", and they're both rather good, if you like that sort of
> thing.

Ah, yes. A BBC series. I watched some of those. The Pink Floyd one was
quite interesting, especially the bit where they are asked to explain the
vocal on Great Gig in the Sky.

[1] all I can see is a "last logged in" date, not what has been accessed

--
wessie at tesco dot net
Re: Paging the music-isti

Author: Bear
Date: Aug 13, 2008 23:36

In article , wessie says...
> Bear gmail.com> wrote in news:MPG.230d5eb23b46133798a0e1
> @news.individual.de:
>
>> I noticed a series on TVTorrents recently, also available on thebox,
>> called "Classic Albums" ... basically, a documentary on a single album's
>> production.
>>

> I'm glad you are enjoying TVT. You and Champ[1] are the only ones, of my
> invitess that seem to be using it. The others seemd to have created
> accounts then left them.

I'm up to 700-and-some-odd G Creds :)

It's great, and thank you again.
Re: Paging the music-isti

Author: wessie
Date: Aug 13, 2008 23:48

Bear gmail.com> wrote in news:MPG.230d64316b3dca1398a0e2
@news.individual.de:
> In article , wessie says...
>> I'm glad you are enjoying TVT. You and Champ[1] are the only ones, of my
>> invitess that seem to be using it. The others seemd to have created
>> accounts then left them.
>
> I'm up to 700-and-some-odd G Creds :)
>
> It's great, and thank you again.

Mine hovers at the 30 mark. Partly because I give away the credits to new
people but mainly because the upload speed on this ADSL line is pants. I
just keep series 1 of The Wire [1] trickling away. Once a new d/l has
reached 100%% I generally stop it, then delete it once watched.
>> [1] all I can see is a "last logged in" date, not what has been accessed
>
> heh. It's eBay all over again :)

I thought I'd add the footnote to stop your paranoia gland expanding...
Re: Paging the music-isti

Author: Bear
Date: Aug 13, 2008 23:53

In article , wessie says...

Author: ogden
Date: Aug 14, 2008 01:22

Bear wrote:

> I noticed a series on TVTorrents recently, also available on thebox,
> called "Classic Albums" ... basically, a documentary on a single album's
> production.
>
> I downloaded them, and have watched 2, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and
> "Hysteria", and they're both rather good, if you like that sort of
> thing.

There's an Iron Maiden one that's quite good, as is the Who's Next one.
Avoid Graceland like the plague - Paul Simon is a very very tedious
twat.

--
ogden

GSXR750 K4
RGV250 VJ22
no comments
Re: Paging the music-isti

Author: ogden
Date: Aug 14, 2008 01:23

Bear wrote:

> Rumours or Never Mind The Bollocks next I think.

Ah, the Rumours one is excellent. The story of a band disintegrating.

--
ogden

GSXR750 K4
RGV250 VJ22
no comments
Re: Paging the music-isti

Author: Bear
Date: Aug 14, 2008 01:59

In article <48A36CF9.6224E06A@pre.org>, ogden says...
> Bear wrote:
>>
>> Rumours or Never Mind The Bollocks next I think.
>
> Ah, the Rumours one is excellent. The story of a band disintegrating.

I figured it would be, hence the interest. I mean I like the album,
wimbly-wambly though it is, but it's fascinating as an example of
washing ones grubbies in public on a previously undreamt-of scale. I
don't imagine it would tell me much that's new to me, as I've read a lot
about it previously, but I find people telling a story in their own
words, and from their own perspectives, very interesting.

That said, there were some lovely little details in both the Yellow
Brick Road and Hysteria documentaries; the wonderful backing vocals on
Yellow Brick Road, and how they "did them all at the end, coz...
Re: Paging the music-isti

Author: Bear
Date: Aug 14, 2008 02:04

In article <48A36C9E.2CBBBF1F@pre.org>, ogden says...
> Bear wrote:
>>
>> I noticed a series on TVTorrents recently, also available on thebox,
>> called "Classic Albums" ... basically, a documentary on a single album's
>> production.
>>
>> I downloaded them, and have watched 2, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and
>> "Hysteria", and they're both rather good, if you like that sort of
>> thing.
>
> There's an Iron Maiden one that's quite good, as is the Who's Next one.

Haven't seen either of those, but will keep an eye out ... got about 17
of them so far.
> Avoid Graceland like the plague - Paul Simon is a very very tedious
> twat.

Wow, ta. I'd already shuffled Graceland towards the back of the pack,
on account of how, every time I hear Paul Simon talk about anything,
even stuff he likes, he sounds as if he's about to fall asleep.
Re: Paging the music-isti

Author: Higgins
Date: Aug 14, 2008 07:28

ogden wrote:
> Bear wrote:
>> I noticed a series on TVTorrents recently, also available on thebox,
>> called "Classic Albums" ... basically, a documentary on a single album's
>> production.
>>
>> I downloaded them, and have watched 2, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and
>> "Hysteria", and they're both rather good, if you like that sort of
>> thing.
>
> There's an Iron Maiden one that's quite good, as is the Who's Next one.
> Avoid Graceland like the plague - Paul Simon is a very very tedious
> twat.

No argument there but I thought it was worth it for the evident passion
of the band.
no comments
1 2 3 4 5 6