New Project Aims for Fusion Ignition: Ignitor Reactor Could Be World’s First to Reach Major Milestone

Author: Jack Linthicum
Date: May 13, 2010 17:19

Wait for the fusion.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100512145348.htm

New Project Aims for Fusion Ignition: Ignitor Reactor Could Be World’s
First to Reach Major Milestone

Exterior view of the Ignitor fusion reactor, whose core will be built
in Italy and external housing built outside Moscow, where it will be
installed. (Credit: Image courtesy of Bruno Coppi)

ScienceDaily (May 12, 2010) — Russia and Italy have entered into an
agreement to build a new fusion reactor outside Moscow that could
become the first such reactor to achieve ignition, the point where a
fusion reaction becomes self-sustaining instead of requiring a
constant input of energy. The design for the reactor, called Ignitor,
originated with MIT physics professor Bruno Coppi, who will be the
project's principal investigator.
Show full article (5.88Kb)
5 Comments
Re: New Project Aims for Fusion Ignition: Ignitor Reactor Could Be World’s First to Reach Major Milestone

Author: Frogwatch
Date: May 13, 2010 18:00

Author: Jack Linthicum
Date: May 13, 2010 18:28

Author: Frogwatch
Date: May 13, 2010 19:02

Author: Dennis
Date: May 14, 2010 03:53

Jack Linthicum wrote:

Hope it works, and we can tell the Arabs where to insert their oil,
and tell Israel, "Sic 'em!" Won't have to worry about AGW either.

Dennis
no comments
Re: New Project Aims for Fusion Ignition: Ignitor Reacto r Could Be World’ s First to Reach Major Milestone

Author: Hermann
Date: May 14, 2010 08:57

Dennis wrote:
> Jack Linthicum wrote:
>

> Hope it works, and we can tell the Arabs where to insert their oil,
> and tell Israel, "Sic 'em!" Won't have to worry about AGW either.
>
> Dennis

That would end Israel, Thankfully. America would have a chance to
uncorrupt their Jewish corrupted Politicians and we could deport AIPAC
to the ME, where they belong.
no comments