US Squad v. Brazil

Author: PB
Date: Sep 4, 2007 00:18

Goalkeepers - Tim Howard (Everton FC), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake).

Defenders - Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham FC), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover
96), Jay DeMerit (Watford FC), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege),
Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock), Frank Simek (Sheffield Wednesday),
Jonathan Spector (West Ham United).

Midfielders - DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers), Michael Bradley (SC
Heerenveen), Bobby Convey (Reading FC), Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC),
Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids).

Forwards - Davy Arnaud (Kansas City Wizards), Landon Donovan (Los
Angeles Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City Wizards), Josh Wolff (1860
Munich).
---

With every call-up for Michael Bradley at the expense of Ricardo
Clark, my viewpoint gets harsher, and it doesn't help to see Josh
Wolff in the squad. Having begun his career with the 1998 Fire, he's a
member of the Bradley/Nowak inner circle, but ever since he lost his
breakaway speed, he has become excruciating to watch.

14 Comments
Re: US Squad v. Brazil

Author: Jim Goloboy
Date: Sep 4, 2007 03:59

Author: SHUSSBAR
Date: Sep 4, 2007 13:29

Author: Jesus Petry
Date: Sep 4, 2007 15:37

On Sep 4, 8:29 am, SHUSSBAR YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> Any info on what team brazil is going to field? I am going to the game
> and hope for an exiting one. I like the US line-up.

If everyone gets their visas (Alex, Mineiro and Afonso Alves didn't
get theirs yet), shold be something like this:

Re: US Squad v. Brazil

Author: PB
Date: Sep 4, 2007 15:50

On Sep 4, 6:37 am, Jesus Petry pop.com.br> wrote:
Re: US Squad v. Brazil

Author: SHUSSBAR
Date: Sep 5, 2007 01:09

Author: Lloyd Heilbrunn
Date: Sep 5, 2007 06:09

PB wrote:
> On Sep 4, 6:37 am, Jesus Petry pop.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Júlio César (Doni); Maicon, Lúcio, Juan, Gilberto; Gilberto Silva,
>>Josué (Mineiro), Elano (Júlio Baptista), Kaká; Ronaldinho (Vagner
>>Love), Robinho.
>

> This might be a good time to mention that assuming Brazil wins, the US
> will have suffered its first five-game losing streak since 1994. The
> USA's subsequent official game is at Switzerland, and it could mark
> our first six-game losing streak since 1974-75 (I bet even Lloyd
> doesn't remember that one).

Hey!! I was in college and a soccer fan then, but damn if I heard
anything about the Nats at that time....IIRC, The Rowdies won the league
in '75, so I remember that at least.
Re: US Squad v. Brazil

Author: Gabbage
Date: Sep 5, 2007 06:06

On Sep 3, 6:18 pm, PB yahoo.com> wrote:
> Goalkeepers - Tim Howard (Everton FC), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake).
>
> Defenders - Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham FC), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover
> 96), Jay DeMerit (Watford FC), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege),
> Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock), Frank Simek (Sheffield Wednesday),
> Jonathan Spector (West Ham United).
>
> Midfielders - DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers), Michael Bradley (SC
> Heerenveen), Bobby Convey (Reading FC), Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC),
> Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids).
>
> Forwards - Davy Arnaud (Kansas City Wizards), Landon Donovan (Los
> Angeles Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City Wizards), Josh Wolff (1860
> Munich).

Question: When's the last time the US national team played on the east
coast? And is there a reason that Chicago gets all the glamour
friendlies? I remember England played there a couple years ago.
no comments
Re: US Squad v. Brazil

Date: Sep 5, 2007 16:36

Author: Benny
Date: Sep 5, 2007 17:27

> Subject : US Squad v. Brazil
> From : wanyikuli@gmail.com
> Maicon & Alves = Carlos & Cafu?

Maicon is the only one of the four who is as strong defensively as he is
going forward. The knock on Cafu is that his crossing poor. He'll give
one good delivery and five bad.

http://soccer-europe.com
Rss feed : http://soccer-europe.com/RSS/News.xml
no comments