Is OpenGL on Life Support??

Author: Moshe Goldfarb.
Date: Sep 19, 2008 02:32

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/opengl-directx,2019-10.html

"We were expecting a lot from OpenGL 3, and as you can tell by reading this
article, we’re disappointed—both in the API itself (with the disappearance
of promised features) and in the way it’s been handled...
Show full article (1.07Kb)
2 Comments
Re: Is OpenGL on Life Support??

Author: Matt
Date: Sep 19, 2008 04:35

Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> So, it’s undeniable that Redmond is looking to the future, whereas one gets
> the impression that Khronos is content with just supporting current GPUs.

It may matter in the next few years, but lack of a good cross-platform
3D system (if there is or will be such a lack) is not enough to keep
Linux from reaching a threshold usage rate (say 5-10 percent) that will
create demand for such a 3D system later.
no comments
Re: Is OpenGL on Life Support??

Author: Moshe Goldfarb.
Date: Sep 19, 2008 04:49