Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.
  Home FAQ Contact Sign in
alt.sports.football.pro.pittsteelers only
 
Advanced search
POPULAR GROUPS

more...

alt.sports ... pittsteelers Profileā€¦
 Up
Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.         


Author: John Peterson
Date: May 8, 2008 19:15

43 Comments
Re: Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.         


Author: dieHard
Date: May 8, 2008 19:31

On Thu, 8 May 2008 10:15:07 -0700, "John Peterson" comcast.net>
wrote:

unfortunately, there are no tapes of the Ram's SB walkthrough, which
would have been the final nail in Belicheat's coffin... seems there
never was one after all.

Goodell is just gonna declare "nothing new here" and bury the evidence
like he did before anyway.
no comments
Re: Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.         


Author: Brian Allen
Date: May 8, 2008 21:23


Pissed me off reading about that 2001 AFCC tape. That game was close as
hell. One play here or there was the difference. You can't tell me that
those tapes couldn't have helped either in that game or in the 2002 season
opener.
no comments
Re: Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.         


Author: Polarhound
Date: May 9, 2008 00:32

Brian Allen wrote:
>
> Pissed me off reading about that 2001 AFCC tape. That game was close as
> hell. One play here or there was the difference. You can't tell me that
> those tapes couldn't have helped either in that game or in the 2002 season
> opener.

Because they had time to completely edit the tape AND the coaching staff
had plenty of time during halftime to analyze it all, right?

Some people's elevators don't go to the top floor.. You didn't even get
a stepstool.
no comments
Re: Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.         


Author: John Peterson
Date: May 9, 2008 00:51

"Polarhound" n0tachance1nhell.com> wrote in message
news:GIKdnQfVtf_94r7VnZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@comcast.com...
> Brian Allen wrote:
>>
>> Pissed me off reading about that 2001 AFCC tape. That game was close as
>> hell. One play here or there was the difference. You can't tell me that
>> those tapes couldn't have helped either in that game or in the 2002
>> season opener.
>
> Because they had time to completely edit the tape AND the coaching staff
> had plenty of time during halftime to analyze it all, right?
>
> Some people's elevators don't go to the top floor.. You didn't even get a
> stepstool.
Show full article (1.09Kb)
no comments
Re: Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.         


Author: Brian Allen
Date: May 9, 2008 00:52

> Because they had time to completely edit the tape AND the coaching staff
> had plenty of time during halftime to analyze it all, right?
>
> Some people's elevators don't go to the top floor.. You didn't even get a
> stepstool.

Hey genius, I mentioned the season opener in 2002. Do you think they
could've edited and analyzed the tape over an entire offseason? I realize
that you have a fanatical desire to apologize for a cheater, but at least
read what I wrote!
no comments
Re: Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.         


Author: Brian Allen
Date: May 9, 2008 00:52

> When the Patriots have a football genius like Ernie Adams on the payroll,
> it wouldn't take much tape to correlate the signals to the formations on
> the field. I bet that could be done by halftime, and it certainly would
> influence the second half.

You know what, John, you're talking to a wall. Here's the point: if there
was nothing to gain by doing it, why would they do it?
no comments
Re: Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.         


Author: LetMeHaveMyPantsBack
Date: May 9, 2008 03:17

> When the Patriots have a football genius like Ernie Adams on the payroll, it
> wouldn't take much tape to correlate the signals to the formations on the
> field. I bet that could be done by halftime, and it certainly would
> influence the second half.
>
> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=adamshttp://www.commercialappeal......

Interesting articles, John. In light of these tapes, it's not hard
to guess what Adams' "very mysterious" role was/is.

I want to believe these tapes don't mean much. Rivalries aside,
this kind of thing degrades the game. And really, the great majority
of what NE accomplished does come down to their players, coaching,
scouting, etc. But in football -- as in any other sport -- if you
*know* what's coming, you've got 90%% of the battle won.

I was inclined to give the patsies/Bellichik credit for the ass-
whooping they gave us in the 2005 AFC Championship game. "They learned
very well and game-planned great after the ass kicking we gave them in
October" was how I felt. Maybe that is the case. Maybe the taping had
a minimal impact on that game. But knowing when those blitzes were
coming sure would have made it easy on Brady to find the open man.
10 Comments
Re: Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.         


Author: Dan Darby
Date: May 9, 2008 05:17

Well, it was a wild goose chase just like I said it was. I had said in
other endless threads in this Steelers/Patriots Newsgroup (I have a
right to say that too as there are as many Pats threads if not more than
Steeler threads.) that with all this hullaballoo that the MEDIA is
making about this Matt Walsh that this Walsh dude BETTER have SOMETHING
or it would be a wild goose chase.. Remember it was the MEDIA with the
help of Senator Spygate (R PA) who has been pursuing Walsh, not the
other way. Of course, Senator Spygate is skeptical and wants to see
where the evidence leads. Pfft.

All Walsh gave the NFL is what the NFL already knew. I knew that is
what Walsh would do. I had heard that ESPN and several other media
outlets tried to back up this Boston Herald ( a paper that has been
antagonistic to the Pats in the past, btw) story about this ALLEGED
taping of the Rams Walk through, etc and guess what? THey COULD NOT. SO
the BOston Herald is out there alone with this story.

I say as Walsh did not produce this tape (which would have been the
something I was looking for) of the Rams walkthrough. SOrry, folks, I
do not believe this story the Herald is putting out until that tape if
it exists at all, is produced.
Show full article (1.34Kb)
no comments
Re: Matt Walsh sends tapes to the NFL.         


Author: John Peterson
Date: May 9, 2008 05:49

I disagree completely with you, Dan. While there is no tape of the
much-heralded Super Bowl walkthrough, there's still evidence that the scope
of the cheating was much more significant than initially reported.

For instance, we now know some of the games and teams that were spied upon.
We also know that it wasn't just limited to defensive signals, but offensive
signals as well
(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=fish_mike&id=3387401).
And this *still* may not represent all of the incidents.

While Kordell is quite capable of throwing 3 interceptions all by himself,
what if some of that was the result of the Patriots knowing what was being
called? Couple that with knowledge of the defensive signals, and that's a
pretty potent advantage. A *very* potent advantage, in fact.

We don't need a tape of the Super Bowl walkthrough to know that this stinks.
Badly. As Brian Allen said, you don't cheat if you don't intend to gain
from it. Belichick and his staff are cheaters, and I think more punishment
should be levied.
Show full article (2.99Kb)
no comments
1 2 3 4 5