Thunderbird

Author: Simon Jones
Date: Jun 8, 2010 09:26

What is the easiest way to get Thunderbird 2 on Lucid Lynx?

I would settle for moving the message buttons back to the toolbar in
TB3.

Any pointers? I can get the tarball and out it in /opt but I wondered
if there is an actual deb about for it?

Cheers,

Simon.

--
A: Yes.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying?
8 Comments
Re: Thunderbird

Author: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps)
Date: Jun 8, 2010 10:25

Just google "ubuntu thunderbird 2"
> What is the easiest way to get Thunderbird 2 on Lucid Lynx?
> Any pointers? I can get the tarball and out it in /opt but I wondered
> if there is an actual deb about for it?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.34

Author: Simon Jones
Date: Jun 8, 2010 12:14

On 2010-06-08, Man-wai Chang to The Door gmail.com> wrote:

> Just google "ubuntu thunderbird 2"
>
>> What is the easiest way to get Thunderbird 2 on Lucid Lynx?
>> Any pointers? I can get the tarball and out it in /opt but I wondered
>> if there is an actual deb about for it?

Wow, really, why didn't I think of that. Google doesn't help, and
please don't top-post. Thanks.

--
A: Yes.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying?
no comments
Re: Thunderbird

Author: Hadron
Date: Jun 8, 2010 12:24

Simon Jones iinet.net.au> writes:
> On 2010-06-08, Man-wai Chang to The Door gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Just google "ubuntu thunderbird 2"
>>
>>> What is the easiest way to get Thunderbird 2 on Lucid Lynx?
>>> Any pointers? I can get the tarball and out it in /opt but I wondered
>>> if there is an actual deb about for it?
>>

> Wow, really, why didn't I think of that. Google doesn't help, and
> please don't top-post. Thanks.

Have you analysed your posts today? Claiming google does not have the
info you need (it does) and the rest telling people how to post. Are you
proud of yourself?
no comments
Re: Thunderbird

Author: Kalle K.
Date: Jun 8, 2010 12:22

Am 08.06.2010 09:26, schrieb Simon Jones:
> What is the easiest way to get Thunderbird 2 on Lucid Lynx?
>
> I would settle for moving the message buttons back to the toolbar in
> TB3.
>
> Any pointers? I can get the tarball and out it in /opt but I wondered
> if there is an actual deb about for it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon.

Simon. Why would you want TB2 back?

When changing from 8.04 to 10.04 at first I was puzzled with the
appearance of TB3. But after some adjustment it is OK for me now...

Regards KH
no comments
Re: Thunderbird

Author: Simon Jones
Date: Jun 8, 2010 12:39

Author: Simon Jones
Date: Jun 8, 2010 12:41

Author: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps)
Date: Jun 8, 2010 12:46

>> Just google "ubuntu thunderbird 2"
> Wow, really, why didn't I think of that. Google doesn't help, and
> please don't top-post. Thanks.

I think I saw some relevant answers. I didn't try them myself though.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.34
^ ^ 18:46:01 up 20 days 21:57 3 users load average: 0.00 0.02 0.00
Re: Thunderbird

Author: Simon Jones
Date: Jun 8, 2010 13:02

On 2010-06-08, Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just google "ubuntu thunderbird 2"
>> Wow, really, why didn't I think of that. Google doesn't help, and
>> please don't top-post. Thanks.
>
> I think I saw some relevant answers. I didn't try them myself though.

No, it seems just about everyone is happy with TB3, I must be odd! ;-)
--
A: Yes.