Litter stops spraying

Author: bearclaw
Date: Nov 25, 2006 07:15

Well, mostly, anyway.

I have been waiting for a few months before posting this report.

We have five cats, all rescues, living in our two-story farmhouse. They
have a total of five litter boxes, spread strategically throughout the
house, upstairs and down. These litter boxes are contained in larger,
water tight enclosures that I had specially made to contain "accidents".

These white plastic enclosures are capacious and airy with open tops,
allowing for plenty of ventilation. Access and egress are easy for us
and the cats. Litter boxes and their enclosures are kept meticulously--
if not compulsively-- clean.

Even with all these measures, the cats still sprayed inside the
enclosures (thank god for small mercies, that's the only place they
spray). It was very unpleasant. These undesirable behaviors probably
stem from the fact that we feed barn cats outside the house. Few of
those are fixed, so the ambient air must be alive with smells to a kitty
nose.

Anyway, according to expert advice, we have been using unscented litter
bought in those 40-pound buckets from PetSmart. "Exquisite", I think is
the brand name.
Show full article (2.43Kb)
1 Comment
Re: Litter stops spraying