Creationism Trumps Evolution
  Home FAQ Contact Sign in
alt.biology only
 
Advanced search
POPULAR GROUPS

more...

alt.biology Profile…
 Up
Creationism Trumps Evolution         


Author: adman
Date: Jan 28, 2008 15:17

Americans do not believe that humans evolved, and the vast majority says
that even if they evolved, God guided the process. Just 13 percent say that
God was not involved. But most would not substitute the teaching of
creationism for the teaching of evolution in public schools.

Support for evolution is more heavily concentrated among those with more
education and among those who attend religious services rarely or not at
all.

.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/22/opinion/polls/main657083.shtml
729 Comments
Re: Creationism Trumps Evolution         


Author: DanielSan
Date: Jan 28, 2008 15:32

adman said the following on 1/28/2008 6:17 AM:
> Americans do not believe that humans evolved, and the vast majority says
> that even if they evolved, God guided the process. Just 13 percent say that
> God was not involved. But most would not substitute the teaching of
> creationism for the teaching of evolution in public schools.
>
> Support for evolution is more heavily concentrated among those with more
> education and among those who attend religious services rarely or not at
> all.
>
> .
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/22/opinion/polls/main657083.shtml
>
>

Facts are not subject to popularity contests.
Show full article (1.22Kb)
26 Comments
Re: Creationism Trumps Evolution         


Author: Kenny McCormack
Date: Jan 28, 2008 15:43

In article comcast.com>,
DanielSan gmail.com> wrote:
...
>Facts are not subject to popularity contests.

Nor are polls particularly accurate measures of "actual reality" when it
comes to religion. As others have pointed out, nobody (or almost nobody
- and the ones that do, get locked up pronto) *really* believes in
Xtianity. There's simply no way you could function in the modern world
if you did. Among other things, there's no way you could hold down a
regular job, since your faith would require you to be out there
spreading the Word 24/7. Yet, many professed Xtians do hold down
regular jobs (or so I hear).
Show full article (1.26Kb)
no comments
Re: Creationism Trumps Evolution         


Author: adman
Date: Jan 28, 2008 16:24

"DanielSan" gmail.com> wrote in message
news:c4udnQEzVNNKewDanZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@comcast.com...
> adman said the following on 1/28/2008 6:17 AM:
>> Americans do not believe that humans evolved, and the vast majority says
>> that even if they evolved, God guided the process. Just 13 percent say
>> that God was not involved. But most would not substitute the teaching of
>> creationism for the teaching of evolution in public schools.
>>
>> Support for evolution is more heavily concentrated among those with more
>> education and among those who attend religious services rarely or not at
>> all.
>>
>> .
>> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/22/opinion/polls/main657083.shtml
>>
>>
>
> Facts are not subject to popularity contests.
>
Science says man and dino could not have lived together because dinos went ...
Show full article (1.17Kb)
no comments
Re: Creationism Trumps Evolution         


Author: Scott Richter
Date: Jan 28, 2008 16:39

adman hottmail.net> wrote:
> If man lived with Dino's as the evidence at this site suggests, then the
> evolution theory is moot.

That was a CARTOON SHOW, you dimwit. The Flintstones were not real...
no comments
Re: Creationism Trumps Evolution         


Author: Conspiracy of Doves
Date: Jan 28, 2008 16:45

On Jan 28, 10:24 am, "adman" hottmail.net> wrote:
> "DanielSan" gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:c4udnQEzVNNKewDanZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@comcast.com...
>
>> adman said the following on 1/28/2008 6:17 AM:
>>> Americans do not believe that humans evolved, and the vast majority says
>>> that even if they evolved, God guided the process. Just 13 percent say
>>> that God was not involved. But most would not substitute the teaching of
>>> creationism for the teaching of evolution in public schools.
>
>>> Support for evolution is more heavily concentrated among those with more
>>> education and among those who attend religious services rarely or not at
>>> all.
>
>
>> Facts are not subject to popularity contests.
> ...
Show full article (1.64Kb)
no comments
Re: Creationism Trumps Evolution         


Author: adman
Date: Jan 28, 2008 16:53

"Conspiracy of Doves" yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:6e581f30-3c8e-4763-9b72-61939443af1d@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 28, 10:24 am, "adman" hottmail.net> wrote:
>> "DanielSan" gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:c4udnQEzVNNKewDanZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@comcast.com...
>>
>>> adman said the following on 1/28/2008 6:17 AM:
>>>> Americans do not believe that humans evolved, and the vast majority
>>>> says
>>>> that even if they evolved, God guided the process. Just 13 percent say
>>>> that God was not involved. But most would not substitute the teaching
>>>> of
>>>> creationism for the teaching of evolution in public schools.
>>
>>>> Support for evolution is more heavily concentrated among those with
>>>> more
>>>> education and among those who attend religious services rarely or not
>>>> at
>>>> all. ...
Show full article (2.10Kb)
no comments
Re: Creationism Trumps Evolution         


Author: Space Wombat #3
Date: Jan 28, 2008 17:04

> Americans do not believe that humans evolved, and the vast majority says
> that even if they evolved, God guided the process. Just 13 percent say that
> God was not involved. But most would not substitute the teaching of
> creationism for the teaching of evolution in public schools.

The same survey revealed that 16%% of americans surveyed believe that
the sun goes around the earth.

Check it.
no comments
Re: Creationism Trumps Evolution         


Author: The Pooflinger
Date: Jan 28, 2008 17:13

On Jan 28, 8:53 am, "adman" hottmail.net> wrote:
> "Conspiracy of Doves" yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:6e581f30-3c8e-4763-9b72-61939443af1d@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
>> On Jan 28, 10:24 am, "adman" hottmail.net> wrote:
>>> "DanielSan" gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>>news:c4udnQEzVNNKewDanZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@comcast.com...
>
>>>> adman said the following on 1/28/2008 6:17 AM:
>>>>> Americans do not believe that humans evolved, and the vast majority
>>>>> says
>>>>> that even if they evolved, God guided the process. Just 13 percent say
>>>>> that God was not involved. But most would not substitute the teaching
>>>>> of
>>>>> creationism for the teaching of evolution in public schools.
>
>>>>> Support for evolution is more heavily concentrated among those with
>>>>> more ...
Show full article (2.09Kb)
no comments
Re: Creationism Trumps Evolution         


Author: nafc
Date: Jan 28, 2008 17:15

On Jan 28, 9:17 am, "adman" hottmail.net> wrote:
> Americans do not believe that humans evolved,

Science isn't determined by popular opinion.
> and the vast majority says
> that even if they evolved, God guided the process.

Rationalizing so facts won't conflict with their God belief.
Christians are good at rationalizing.

Just 13 percent say that
> God was not involved.

About the percentage that are atheists. Hmmm.
> But most would not substitute the teaching of
> creationism for the teaching of evolution in public schools.

That's good to hear.
> Support for evolution is more heavily concentrated among those with more
> education

What a surprise.
> and among those who attend religious services rarely or not at
> all.

What a surprise.
Show full article (0.85Kb)
no comments
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9